4inch HDMI LCD, 800×480, IPS
- 800×480 high resolution
- Resistive touch control
- IPS technology, high quality and perfect displaying from very wide viewing angle
- Compatible and Direct-connect with any revision of Raspberry Pi (except the Pi 1 model B or Pi Zero, which requires an HDMI cable)
- Drivers provided (works with your own Raspbian/Ubuntu directly)
- Also works as a computer monitor, in this case, touch panel is unavailable and HDMI cable is required
- HDMI interface for displaying, no I/Os required (however, the touch panel still needs I/Os)
- Backlight can be turned off to lower power consumption
|1, 17||3.3V||Power positive (3.3V power input)|
|2, 4||5V||Power positive (5V power input)|
|3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 24||NC||NC|
|6, 9, 14, 20, 25||GND||Ground|
|19||TP_SI||SPI data input of Touch Panel|
|21||TP_SO||SPI data output of Touch Panel|
|22||TP_IRQ||Touch Panel interrupt, low level while the Touch Panel detects touching|
|23||TP_SCK||SPI clock of Touch Panel|
|26||TP_CS||Touch Panel chip selection, low active|
Wiki : www.waveshare.com/wiki/4inch_HDMI_LCD
- Why the LCD doesn't work with my Raspbian?
- To use the LCD with the Raspberry Pi official image, driver should be installed first. Please refer to the user manual.
However, for the first testing, you may want to use our provided image directly.
- Why the LCD still doesn't work with the Waveshare provided image?
- Make sure the hardware connection is correct and connects fine.
Make sure the image in TF card is burnt correctly.
The PWR will keep on and the ACT will keep blinking when the Raspberry Pi starts up successfully, in case both of the two LEDs keep on, it is possible that the image was burnt incorrectly OR the TF card was in bad contact.
- Which power supply should I use?
- It is recommended to use a 5V/2A power adapter for the Raspberry Pi other than USB connection, otherwise the Pi may failed to start up because the PC's USB port might have not enough power.
For large size LCDs, say, 10inch diagonal or more, another stand-alone power adapter is also required to provide power to the LCD.
For more info, please check the wiki page.